A black smokey eye is a great way to play up the eyes, creating drama and dimension with dark bases and deep transitional tones. A black smokey eye, however doesn't fit every occasion and many times is not wearable on a day to day bases . Alternatively, a classic brown smokey eye brings just enough drama as well as softer dimensions making it more wearable (daytime or nighttime) than a black smokey eye. The breakdown below details products used to achieve this look. Special thanks to my model and friend, Jolanda Carey, and to my awesome photographer and videographer, Gemilath Mama.
- Moisturizer: Gleam by Melanie Mills Body Radiance moisturizer in "Rose Gold"
- Primer: Milk of magnesia (T-zone area) and SEPHORA COLLECTION Beauty Amplifier Afterglow Primer & Luminizer
- Foundation: Revlon ColorStay foundation in 400 and 350
- Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in #20
- Cream contour: Anastasia Beverly Hills Creme Contour Kit (dark)
- Setting powder: Ben Nye Neutral set Translucent powder
- Contour powder: Ruby Kisses Cosmetics powder ( cognac) and Nanacoco Cosmetics contour kit in Medium
- All-over face powder: Iman Cosmetics powder in "Clay Medium" and Black Radiance Soft Focus Powder in "Golden Almond Finish"
- Bronzer: Nanacoco Cosmetics contour kit in Mediumand a bit of CoverGirl Queen Collection Bronzer ( Ebony)
- Highlighter: Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powders in "Illuminati and Sugar Daddy"
The gallery above shows the following images respectively: After moisturizing and priming, after the application of the base (foundation, concealer and contour), and after setting the base with translucent and contour powders.
- Primer: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in #20
- Transition shades: Anastasia Beverly Hills (Fudge and Morocco)
- Dark Brown base: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in "Choclolate"
- Dark Brown shadow: Ruby Kisses Cosmetics powder in "Ebony"
- Blending shade: Anastasia Beverly Hills (Fudge and Morocco)
- Lower lash line:Anastasia Beverly Hills (Fudge, Morocco, and Noir)
- Mascara: BURBERRY Cat Lashes Mascara (Jet Black)
- Lashes: Amor Us Cils Eyelashes #WSP
- Eyebrows: Ruby Kisses Cosmetics GOBROW pencil (Dark brown) and GOBROW brow mascara (rich chocolate brown)
The gallery above shows unedited photographs of the finished look. Click the images to enlarge.
- Lip liner: MAC Cork Lipliner
- Lipstick: MAC lipstick in Velvet Teddy
- Lipgloss: Nanacoco Cosmetics
I hope you enjoyed this post. Don't forget to like, comment and share!